Latin America & Southeast Asia
Join the California Center for International Trade Development (CITD) for an Inbound Trade Mission with pre-qualified buyers from Latin American and Southeast Asian countries. This mission provides an opportunity for California specialty crop companies to participate in the growing dried fruit and nut market in these respective countries.
Why Should I Attend?
- Mexico’s USD 1.1 trillion economy makes it the second largest economy in Latin America, the 15th largest economy in the world, and third–largest agricultural export market for the United States.
- U.S. exports to Southeast Asia have grown quickly over the last decade, with sales of farm and food products totaling nearly $11.8 billion in 2017, representing a 68-percent increase since 2008
- Meet with 15+ buyers representing over 10 countries in one California location
What Should I Expect?
- Valuable market research, including industry sector information and prospective buyer profiles
- Showcase your facility and product line during site visits
- Meet one-on-one with prospective buyers during table meeting sessions
- In-country representatives provide briefings on local economic and business conditions
Suitable Products Include:
- Bulk and retail nuts from California
- Bulk and retail dried fruit from California
Trade Mission Itinerary:
- Sep 9, 2019 – Company site visits (Bakersfield to Fresno)
- Sep 10, 2019 – Tabletop meetings in Fresno
- Sep 11, 2019 – Company site visits (Fresno to Sacramento)
- Sep 12, 2019 – Company site visits (north of Sacramento); tabletop meetings in Sacramento
*Site visits designated for buyers only. Potential site visits must align to travel trajectory and itinerary to be included.
- Choose site visit and/or tabletop meeting option
- There is no fee to participate in this activity
- Registration deadline: September 4, 2019
For more information, contact:
Frank M. Nuñez, California Center for International Trade Development at State Center Community College District | (559) 243-7280 | firstname.lastname@example.org