Mexico Outbound Trade Mission
Join the California Center for International Trade Development (CITD) for an Outbound Trade Mission to Mexico for qualified California specialty crop suppliers. This mission provides an opportunity for California companies to participate in the growing specialty crop market in Mexico.
Why Should I Attend?
- Mexico’s USD 1.1 trillion economy makes it the second largest economy in Latin America, the 15th largest economy in the world, and third–largest agricultural export market for the United States
- Receive product feedback from perspective buyers
- Meet with 20+ buyers from several regions of Mexico
What Should I Expect?
- Meet one-on-one with prospective buyers during table meeting sessions
- Manufacturing and/or packaging facility site visits
- Valuable market research, including industry sector information and prospective buyer profiles
- In-country representatives provide briefings on regional economic and business conditions
Suitable California* Products Include:
- Tree Fruit and Vegetables
- Avocados, Grapes and Citrus
- Bulk Dried Fruit
- Bulk Nuts, e.g. Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachios, etc.
- Consumer-Oriented Products, e.g. jams, wine, sauces, etc.**
*Only California companies with specialty crop products, as defined by USDA AMS and grown in California, can participate.
**Consumer-oriented product must consist of 50% or more of approved California specialty crop(s) excluding water.
Trade Mission Itinerary:
- Oct 1, 2019 – Arrive in Mexico City
- Oct 2, 2019 – ATO Market Briefing & 1-on-1 Meetings
- Oct 3, 2019 – 1-on-1 Meetings
- Oct 4, 2019 – Company Site Visits & Tours
- Oct 5, 2019 – Return to California
- There is $250 fee to participate in this activity
- Registration includes hotel, in-country transportation, one-on-one meetings
- Limited to 10 qualified California companies
- Registration deadline: September 16, 2019
For more information, contact:
Frank M. Nuñez, California Center for International Trade Development at State Center Community College District | (559) 243-7280 | email@example.com